Greek Chicken – Yum
This is quite a treat. It’s one for all the family and you’ll need to get to know it because you’ll be asked to do it again. The good thing is that Greek Chicken is easy to prepare and satisfies most hungry tummies. You might think that this is a simple and easy recipe but that’s the beauty of it.
These are some important short points to remember –
* It takes less than 60 mins to create this Main Dish
* Very Low Carbs as a Main Dish
* Chicken Main Dish
* Greek Main Dish
* Serve with Greek salad
This is all you’ll need,
6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 can diced tomatoes
1 package frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed
1 lb mushrooms, quartered
1 large onion, sliced into long thin wedges
3 cloves garlic, sliced thin
1/2 cup dry red wine
salt and pepper
1 teaspoon oregano, dried
black olives, sliced
green olives, sliced
feta cheese (I buy it in containers so the measurements are never the same let’s say a 3×3×2 piece crumbled)
This is what you do with the above,
1. Lightly salt and pepper chicken and fry in oil-slice each breast into 4 or 5 thick slices.
2. You only want it only half cooked.
3. Add tomatoes with juice-spinach and mushrooms.
4. Simmer for 5 minutes.
5. Add onions, garlic, and oregano and simmer for 3 minutes.
6. Check to see if the chicken is cooked through.
7. If done add wine and olives and heat through.
8. Add half of the feta and remove from heat, then toss.
9. Offer remaining feta at the table.
You have to admit there’s really nothing to getting this organised and it’s good for you. Don’t forget to include a glass of wine (just one).